Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

K has been asking me to make these cookies for some time now.  It is a recipe on the Betty Crocker website and is extremely simple to make.  You may never want to buy oatmeal cookies again.



I made half the quantity of the recipe that follows and I should have got 21 cookies but I got about 16 of them.  So it could vary according to the size of the cookie.



Ingredients:

Brown Sugar (packed) - 1 1/2 cups
Butter -softened - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Egg -1
Quick cooking oats - 2 cups
All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Semi sweet chocolate chips - 1 cup
( Optional - chopped nuts - 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 180 C
Whisk the sugar and butter till well blended
Add the vanilla and the egg and continue whisking till light and fluffy
Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt
Followed by the choco chips ( and nuts if you are adding)

( The dough was rather solid, and I added a bit of milk to loosen it a bit but K tells me it was not necessary )

Onto an ungreased baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart
( I did this without the spoons - kind of shaped them into balls and flattened them a bit )

Bake 10 to 12 mins until golden brown.
Cool slightly and then remove them from the sheet on to a cooling rack



3 comments:

  1. This recipe is really tempting me... my kids love cookies and am sure would definitely enjoy these... bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to start my day with this scrumptious cookies, so addictive they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully baked cookies.. yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Some time to spare? Do leave a comment. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails